Being A Father For The Second Time

I am a father once again. My daughter Robie Anne Sophia just turned 1 week old last Saturday and so far, the adventure of parenthood has just started. It is back to the waking up in the middle of the night changing diapers and mixing milk formula for the hungry princess. It is back to the cuddling and playing after work and the buying of baby clothes and stuff. It is also back to spending for baby's needs and like any other young parent who started the road into parenthood unprepared, this part of the job is quite difficult. It is a hard climb to the top of the molehill but it is definitely quite an adventure.

I love my life and being a father for the second time is another chapter in this rollercoaster life. If I am given another choice, I would have still chosen this same life. I love my wife. I love my son. And now I am loving my princess, Robie Anne Sophia.

Why Robie Anne Sophia? Robie is taken from our names: Roann and Bien. Anne was added at the last minute, taken from a Saint's name, St. Anne, who is actually the grandmother of Jesus Christ. Sophia was my wife's choice for the third name, it means Wisdom.

Meanwhile, life as an intern has transfered into the fast lane. March is about to be finished and we will be entering into our final month. As usual, my OB-GYNE rotation has always been benign to me, except for last night, when I had a total of 7 admissions, 1 C-Section, 1 D&C procedure, and this early morning, 1 delivery. But I guess it is still relatively benign compared to Medicine.

Tomorrow is my son's graduation from Nursery. I was informed much earlier that he is the class's first honor. I am proud of Rien Juan Diego.

Comments

Popular Posts