Some Things Never Change

It has been a frustrating week. First of all, this has been my third attempt to write an entry to this blog. The last two attempts have been interrupted by pc troubles which I cannot fully understand. I am supposed to write this blog with matching pictures and all but I guess the pictures have to follow.

Yesterday I was supposed to write about ConCon's birthday and how much we enjoyed her blow-out at the On-Call Room. It was fun time for all of us and we thank ConCon's mom for cooking up the best pasta ever! The frustrating part is the fun had to last only for a little while.

I was also supposed to share about how Gesper celebrated his Valentine's last Wednesday while he was on 24 hours duty. His girlfriend was also on duty that night and since they can't go out the hospital, they spent a romantic but brief moment at the On-call room, with him giving her flowers and all. I was later told that he was the first and only guy to give this girl flowers...ever. He gave white roses.

As for me, I spent the Day of Hearts working my ass off as a medical intern. 3 more duty days and I am done, at least with my medical intern rotation. So far, the experience has been a roller coaster ride. Come to think of it, my perspective of the department hasn't change since the day I turned junior intern. I guess there are really some things you can't change.

I am led to believe that change is inevitable; that destiny is what you make of it. Fate is the result of the cumulative choices you make. But there are things you can't change, people you can't change, events you can't alter. One meets new faces but almost similar personalities. One encounters new experiences but with relatively the same outcomes. There is nothing new but only a recycle of the old. I guess that is the reason why I have given up on changing people. I have given up on waiting for others to change. I have given up on so many things. I am left with myself, perhaps the only commodity I have which I can change. But that is not even a guarantee.

The challenge now is how to make life not boring. I have always felt that humor is the salvation of us all. So as far as my endorphin levels go, I make it a point to laugh QID, pray at least ODHS, cry prn and work as ordered.

Comments

Popular Posts