The Truth About Snakes and One-Eyed Monsters

Last Saturday, while Con-Con and I were with the DR and Nursery staff and junior consultants in a distant beach down south, a confrontation was happening inside the medical conference room. The inevitable face-off between the G-L-P triumvirate and the 12 Disciples did occur and it was in the presence of the I.M.J.C.'s. Even before the confrontation began, every disciple knew that the I.M.J.C.'s have already turned into near-sighted Cyclops thanks to the magic of the G-L-P triumvirate. I couldn't tell all the details of the said confrontation considering that all of the information I received were second-hand and therefore everything that I will be writing here would be considered hearsay. But this I can tell, there is so much to learn from this entire fiasco.

I have learned that people can be very dishonest.
I have learned that people who only listen to their lies and believe blindly in their lies are guilty of the same dishonesty.
I have learned that no matter how much one wishes, there is no such thing as a utopic world, where people can be nice to each other all the time.
I have learned that people are people: prone to all the weaknesses humanity has earned for himself. People can be very manipulative, can be very cunning, very Macchiavelian in nature, and can be very frightening.
I have learned that people reveal their true selves only through time but working with them provides a catalyst that hastens their revelation of self.
I have learned that some people can never be trustworthy no matter how much you would want to believe that they are.
I have learned that you can never like everyone. Our Christian duties oblige us to love every one but it doesn't necessarily mean that you should like them too.
I have learned the difference between respect and trust: the other you need to earn, the other you don't need to. Every human deserves respect but trusting others requires years of experience and even practice.
I have learned that a snake, no matter how many times it changes its skin, still remains a snake.

It is a pity that in this season of love and hope, we interns are experiencing this divisiveness among us. The roots of this problem have deepened through the months due to lack of proper communication. Instead of actual confrontation and settlement, the parties involved resulted to back-stabbing and propaganda, even involving some of the J.C.'s hoping that they would take their side. While I laud those J.C.'s who took the neutral side and did take time to listen not only to the G-L-P triumvirate but also to us 12 disciples, I couldn't blame those J.C.'s who took sides which ever side they took. As for me, I do not need anyone to be on my side. Truth is on my side and I always side with truth. Telling the truth is always easier to defend than telling lies.

Comments

Popular Posts