Road Trips, Foundation Days and Hospital Admissions


Last Thursday, Con Con, Gerard, Andy and I went to Bago City to have lunch at Mary Ann's. It was her birthday and it was our chance to come back to Bago City almost more than a year since I was a J.I. It was almost like an adventurous road trip: riding on a "jeep star" bus and taking that one hour trip to the South City. When we came to Mary Ann's place, we were greeted by her mom and a host of palatable delicacies. Con Con's bf, Ryan, was already there waiting for her. When I was a J.I. assigned in Bago City, my group stayed in Mary Ann's house during the entire rotation.

The lunch was not that difficult to refuse. I ate almost every dish prepared for us. Even before we decided to take our leave, more plates filled with food were chasing after us. I told them, one more bite and the chicken I ate would already be pushing into my cecum still undigested. Before we left Bago City, Mary Ann dropped us off Bago City Health. It was a homecoming for the four of us. We enjoyed our community exposure in Bago City Health when we were J.I.'s and the first office we visited was the Environmental Sanitation Office upstairs. I missed the people in W.Q. and it was very obvious that they missed us too! We also paid a visit to Dr. Pilar Mabasa, City health Officer. We talked for a long while and then we saw Dr. Wo-wo Gonzaga! We had fun when we were with Doc Wowo during our J.I.ship. He was still the same old Doc Wowo we met when we were still rotating in Bago City Health. On our way home I can't help but laugh when I saw this very funny scene in our jeepney ride. Click here.


Later that afternoon while on our way to Bacolod, my mom called up and told me she had a spontaneous nose bleed. I went to visit and told her it must be from her hypertension. By that time the bleeding has stopped. A little later, it recurred again and I told her to seek consult already. At the OPD, her BP was found out to be more than 200 systole. She was advised admission so I brought her to BOLMSH after I had a talk with Dr. Antonio, her AP. She was discharged 2 days later apparently okay.

Because she was admitted, she failed to attend her grandson's school program last Saturday. It was Rien's school's foundation day and it was Rien's first school activity which I attended. My son danced a folk dance and one parent told me how my son was a good dancer. Of course, I was very proud.

Leah has come back from the ashes after recuperating from a pelvic laparotomy last month. This means, no floater from us! Yehey!

But I heard this morning Andylou might take a leave of absence because he had to go home to Cotabato to be with his dying dad. His father has cancer and has spread to the brain already. Our prayers are with Andy and his family.

Comments

Popular Posts