Immortalized!


Yesterday, I attended our batch meeting for our tenth year anniversary as USLS-IS alumni. The small meeting was held at Cafe Bob's Lacson and those in attendance were: JR Abello, Erika Dumancas, Pinky Alojado, Tweety Golez, Rommel Abaja, Genievieve Sado, Frederick Peronce, Eddielyn Cioco, John Ganihong, Sherry Joy Velasco, Renalyn Navarez, Gennifer Salinas and me of course. The small meeting didn't start without updating ourselves with the latest buzz about each other. I told them that I am to be a father for the second time again. Rommel told us that he was already married and is planning to migrate to Ireland this Feb. Erika is a mom as well. The rest remain to be blessedly single.

It was fun to be with old friends. I couldn't imagine that it's almost ten years since we were classmates in high school. Nothing has changed really. We still look the way we were 8 years ago. We still sound the way we did 8 years ago. And while the love teams have come and gone, the memories of those insane years remain "immortalized!" according to John.

Some of us have been to many places around the world. Others have already stabilized their careers. Some of us are still struggling to make a living. Wherever we may find ourselves relative to each other, the fact remains: the flame of friendship has been kept burning. I enjoyed every moment of it. And I am already excited to attend our tenth year anniversary two years from now. To view more pics, visit the Class 1998 USLS-IS website

Tonight is Christmas eve and I am in charge of preparations for dinner. I just came from BOLMSH to get my gifts from Doc Yay who was our former medical director. To everyone from my family, a blessed Merry Christmas. May all of mankind's hopes for tomorrow come true.

Comments

Popular Posts