Conquering Again


I don't know but I feel like going back to the old online game I was once hooked up with. When my mom introduced Conquer Online to me, I was not quite ecstatic about it at first. But when I started playing the game and trying to learn the concept, I was addicted to it right then and there. I showed it to my wife and she too got hooked up with it. Now, even my 4 year old son has a character of its own.

It's a role playing game where you get to choose what kind of character you would want to be. For my first character, I chose an archer and named him Carpenter which is the english translation of the Filipino hero Panday. When I changed into a new server (Sunshine), I chose a Taoist. A taoist is like a sorcerer or a magician. The character is adept in the skills of magic. Archers are of course good in bows and arrows. There are two more characters: trojan and warrior. Both are good with the sword and hand to hand combats.

I have met new friends through this game and CO has become an online community. I have also learned that many Pinoys also play this game. In fact I have a friend from Baguio and Iligan and even in Australia who are also pinoys hooked up to this game. Through out the game, you need to level up your character so he can gain new skills and use new and upgraded weapons or armors. The more enemies you kill, the more experience points you gain and therefore the faster you level up. The higher the level you have, the stronger your character becomes.

You can play the game freestyle, or you can follow the missions they usually have for characters. At the end of each mission you earn rewards. What is nice about this game is you can team up with some one with a much higher level then fight monsters together and share the experience points. This way you get to level up faster. And those who help others level up earn virtue points. You can "marry" other characters and fight together and share the exp points. Of course, you can also kill or pk other characters as well. This earns you pk points and the higher pk points you have the more chance you get marked and be killed by other high level characters. For your protection, it is wise to join guilds so that in case somebody pks you, you can ask help from guildmates who are nearby. My homebase is usually at Phoenix Castle at the kylin caves.

I have missed my online friends and the times we spent hunting together and just chatting online while doing some levelling up. In fact, one of my online friends did come to visit me and my wife here in Bacolod. She was from Iligan and now she's in Canada. I haven't played online for almost a year and now I am still a low level ( lvl 86) while some of my old friends are already more than lvl 100. I do hope I can catch up with them.

Now, let's start conquering!

Comments

Popular Posts