Community Hunks! (We Miss BOLMSH!)

A week in community is over and we are still missing BOLMSH. Not that we don't like it in the community. Our first assignment at the City Health Center was at the Social Hygiene Section. Every morning, the three of us would swab vaginal walls and endocervices for samples. Then, the swabs are smeared on the glass slides, gram stained and then analyzed under the microscope searching for positive signs of STDs. Life is beautiful at City Health Center. No pressures. No worries.

But we do miss BOLMSH. And every time we come back to the hospital in the afternoons for our daily conferences, we are greeted with fellow PGIs who obviously miss us too! I miss the "magic four": Gesper, Kentot and Japit. I miss bonding with these three guys during our 24-hour duties. That's why, when I came back to the hospital for the first time since we had our community, all of us huddled together infront of the camera and took loads of pictures, along with the new PGI JJ Segundera, who turns out to be quite a cool guy. Because of him, the PGIs are now enjoying their new TV set in the dormitory, along with the DVD and MP3 player. More pictures can be found at The Ukay-Ukay Online.



What I do love about Community is that I have enough time to come fetch my wife and kid at school during lunch time. I love watching my kid in his school uniform carrying his back pack leave his room running to greet me. I enjoy being a father. It isn't always a bed of roses but there is no better heaven than this.

This morning was our last day at the Social Hygiene Section. We treated the nurses and staff with some light snacks. It was a brief stay but we did enjoy. Next week, we will be posted at the Main Dispensary.

Comments

Popular Posts