Signum Lasallianum

Last Wednesday, I attended along with the rest of the PGI-alumni of USLS, the giving of the Signum Lasallianum Award to Dr. Namin, considered as the Father of Internal Medicine in Bacolod City, and the launching of the Dr. Namin Lecture Series. The entire affair was done in the new Santuario de lasalle, built behind the Balay Kalinugan retreat house. It was a formal affair attended by close to 300 participants, made up with doctors, academicians, benefactors, medical students and PGIs. The event was in honor of Dr. Namin for his exemplary contributions to the education and training of medical doctors especially in Bacolod City. Dr. Namin was among the pioneering teachers and trainors in the field of medical education. Dinner was superb and our dinner table became a mini buffet table. I was so full I fear I was about to burst.

Anyway, 3 weeks to go and I am to end my OB-GYNE rotation. I am so far enjoying my rotation in OB-GYNE. There were toxic days and there were benign days but it all depends on how you "seize the day". Good thing God has given me the gift of humor. The gift of humor has made me see things in a much lighter perspective. And the excess humor is spent for making other people life, so that life becomes less serious and therefore less toxic.

Seven days from now, I will be turning 26 and I will be reassessing my life once again. What have been the greatest achievements of my life so far? What have been the greatest frustrations? Where did I fail? Where did I lose? Where did I win? So far, I have come up with a list:

After 26 years, my:
Greatest Achievements: Being a Father, Being one of the outstanding Students for Region Six, One of the Outstanding Student for the Arts (USLS), Champion of the Regional Statistics Quiz Bee, and having received the St. La Salle Award (USLS-IS) and Salutatorian citation during my graduation day in 1998.
Greatest Setbacks: not being able to pursue fully my varsity status in the Volleyball team during my highschool.
Biggest Legacy: my organizing the CPM-Males and my contribution as a CPM Volunteer during my highschool.
Biggest Regrets: not being able to participate actively during my college days.
Unforgettable Experiences: my trip to Australia during a WFSF Convention during my high school, my meeting my future wife, my trip to Boracay with the Yearbook Staff in 2002, my speech-sermon during one of the masses in the USLS Chapel, and my son's birth 4 years ago.
Greatest Challenges: controversial article written in the Crossroads during my highschool, my controversial stint as Student Chief Judge during my Senior Year in College, my controversial stint as outgoing President of the Medical Student Government, my JI-ship and currently my PGI-ship, family life as well.
Greatest Lessons ever Learned:'Scarred People Are Beautiful!' - from Search In Retreat; "The strongest have their moments of fatigue" - Friedrich Nietzsche; "Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it" - John Paul II.

Comments

Bluesolstice said…
thank you very much

Popular Posts