God's Greatest Gifts

Last Saturday, my son and I celebrated our birthdays together. It was my 26th and it was his 4th. We didn't have the celebration until the next day, Sunday, when we hosted a simple dinner party at home for friends and relatives. It was the first dinner party since my sister's graduation dinner 5 years ago. It was also my first dinner birthday party since 1998.

It was a simple gathering of old and new friends and relatives. We had the dinner catered and all the tables were set at the lawn. The past few days however, I was kindof apprehensive about the weather. Four days prior, it had been raining hard every dusk until late evening. I was expecting that it might also rain during my dinner party. Nevertheless, I did pray to God that He grant me a nice weather as His birthday gift for me. And for the first time in a week, it did not rain during that Sunday!

The dinner was great and most of my fellow post graduate interns were there, including Melvin who was supposed to be On Duty that night. Dra. Simple, our OB consultant On Duty, allowed him to go to my place along with Con Con and Dra. Espino for dinner. Dra. Espino is also one of our OB consultants. She brought with her her pastor-boyfriend.

Also in attendance were the nursery nurses and Rien's classmates at his school, along with their mothers, who were also Roann's fellow PTA members. Compadre Daryll and wife Clarissa Uy came along with my hijada La-La and their youngest daughter Yan-yan.

The evening went along very well. The food was delicious and the singing with the videoke was non-stop. Melvin even had his own original rendition of the classic song, "Delilah". The rest of the PGIs also came: Kenneth, Gerard, Mark Agana, TinTin and Bel. The rest of the evening was spent finishing up the left overs and singing almost the entire collection of songs in the videoke CD.

Later in the evening, Rien and I, along with Roann, opened his presents he received from his titas and titos and classmates.

Comments

Popular Posts