Chartered Days

Last Oct 19 my son and I went to see the civic parade at Lacson Highway. It was perhaps the longest civic parade yet. It was actually for the 68th Charter day of Bacolod City. So, it was a special non-working holiday which meant being off from work at around 12 noon! The civic parade was watched by thousands and participated by many socio-civic groups from different baranggays, schools, business establishments, even social clubs and just plain ordinary folks. They marched, danced, walked, biked, rode in cars or trucks or floats. It was a fun time for my son who attended his first civic parade ever. He had fun chasing after candies being thrown from passing floats.

The original plan actually was to watch the Masskara highlights (which is today, around exactly 2 hours from now) at the City Plaza, but Rien and Roann went home to my parents-in-law's place and spent the night there. They won't be back until later tonight; this means they won't be watching the streetdancing at the plaza. I was also trying to invite my fellow PGIs who are not on duty to come and watch the dancing at the plaza, but some backed off from the idea of mingling with a thick crowd under the indiscriminate heat of the sun. So, I will be doing perhaps the bravest thing ever...watch the Masskara at the plaza alone.

Hmmm...i did hear my cellphone ring. Just as I have thought..Gesper's texting and maybe he is having second thoughts. Anyway, alone or in a group, I am prepared to venture out into the city square and watch the dancing live. Yes, it won't be fun and this year's Masskara theme song sucks big time but what the heck! I am a Bacolodnon and the Masskara fever is in the blood. Of course I won't forget to take pictures and post them in my next blog.

Well, I am about to eat lunch and later head to the city center to watch with only a hundred pesos in my wallet!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi.. do u have ths Masskarra Song Them 2006. If u have. kindly send to me at joylene_b@yahoo.com
Anonymous said…
hello anonymous...

unfortunately i dont have the song but will see if someone has it. :-)

Popular Posts