Long Long Breaks

A long silence...then...
... blog....

I'm back to the blogging business.
So what has happened so far? Here are my top five moments of the week!
1. The future is in my hands! - more specifically, in between my index and middle finger and somewhere near the vicinity of my thumb. I am now an OB-GYNE intern and my favourite scent is lochia. I infact just came off from a 24 hour duty shift and so far I only ahd 3 admissions, compared to Melvin's 9! It seems I am continuing my benign streak even here in this department.
2. Leaving the Nursery - no longer a Pedia PGI, I can't help but missing the people who have been close to me for the past two months while in my Pedia rotation. Thank you to the doctors and nurses who have been more than just mentors.
3. Driving Lessons - I am on my 3rd day as a student driver and I am pretty much doing well. My instructor, Jumar, the ever patient, has only words of encouragement for me. I have "potentials" he says and I look forward to having my license in the future.
4. Coffee breaks with the Doc - as promised by Dr. Hinolan, Ken, Andy and I went out to have coffee with one of the surgeons I idolize at Cafe Bobs last friday along with two med reps whom he introduced to us and promised to cover us during our internship at BOLMSH. I love coffee breaks with doctors. You learn so much from them and they inspire you to be like them someday. Dr. Hinolan is one of my favourite surgeons. Every time he has an OR, the three of us (Con and Melvin) would always scrub together regardless of our status for the day. Other favourites are Dr. Garcia and Dr. Amante (who would also always find time to treat us to snacks or coffee at Chamby's), Dr. Sentinar (who once treated me to an early morning snack break at Jollibee before we had our most difficult appendectomy yet), Dr. Libo-on and Dr. Moscardon.
5. Getting High with Ciprobay - it has been awhile since I attended a dinner lecture with fellow PGIs. Last friday, Bayer introduced its new drug in the market and a lecture on management of severe infections was conducted. With Gabby, Leah, Andy, Ken and Gerard, we attended a nice dinner with the rest of the consultants and residents and PGIs from other hospital. Seated in our table was Dr. Edralin, a noted pulmonologist and also a teacher in med school. I told him I couldn't forget one of his exams on mechanical ventilators. It was a trip to Hell I said and he laughed.

My internet's really kinda slow now and I am suspecting a viral infection of my pc. So I am now currently downloading a new spyware remover and hopefully I can have my pc back to its regular feet.

P.S. Regards to my idols - the Residents of the Department of Internal Medicine of CLMMRH. I just learned they have been reading my blog lately and it's only proper to greet them here. :-)

Here's a FREE VIDEO CLIP For You. It is perhaps the video of the one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! Just right click on the link and click "Save As..." Free video HERE

Comments

Popular Posts