Dinner For A Cost

I was OD during my wife's birthday and we have both decided to celebrate it with the rest of the family the day after, when I am already FD. I called her up to greet her and re-greet her teasing her about the gift I was to give her for her birthday (though in reality I was then still yet to buy her a gift). On my way to our computer store I went around downtown to go look for her a gift. It was my first time since ages to go around downtown area where Roann and I used to stroll around after class, just look around and window shop, during our pre-med days. I bought her a watch. While I was on it, I bought a watch also for myself.

I arrived at our computer store to find out that my sister's the one treating us for dinner and it was not only the six of us but even our relatives in my mother side and father side. We arrived at Imay's where my sister was already there waiting for us inside the function room with my cousins Ryan, Ian Roy, Bing, and Daday. Later, the rest of the expected guests started arriving: Tito Juanito, Tita Gilda, Tita Melda, cousins Julie Ann and Mahal and Lola Sabel, Rien's Great Grandmother. Three generations of the family all had dinner at Imay's. It was almost a semi-family reunion. The biggest family dinner I had since I can remember.



Of course, my son Rien was the star of the night, entertaining his lolos and lolas, titos and titas, with his usual antics. Dinner was fantastic. The original plan was to catch up with fellow PGIs who are perhaps currently out for a night of karaoke but my cellphone ran out of batteries and there was no way of knowing if they have pushed through with the idea.

Anyway, I started writing poems once again. I have almost abandoned my deviantart account but lately I am at it again. Anyone reading this is invited to read on my poetry at deviantart. Ciao for now. I'm beat!

Comments

Popular Posts