SuperMen

I started my pedia rotation yesterday and I started it with 5 C-sections, 5 ER admissions and 1 intra-op observation. I was kinda uncomfortable during the transition phase. The nursery and the pedia ward are far separate worlds compared to the O.R. and Surgical Ward. And the E.R. OPDs are hectic as well! I had to remind myself to never forget to relay recent lab results, refer IVF to follow and memorize the pedia doses of the common drugs being prescribed in the OPD or wards. I also needed to review my newborn care as well. The intra-op I observed is the case I am suppose to present for my grand rounds on August. It is a case of intestinal atresia, bowel perforation secondary, meconium peritonitis secondary. I initially chose to present a case of Steven-Johnsons but this case has given me another opportunity to use my cellphone cam! So, during the operation I took pics and videos of the entire procedure. Even the pedia surgeon had to pause for me to take the pics.

I only slept for at least 3-4 hours. I had to wake up early thsi morning, caught up with my consultant for early ward rounds then endorsement. I then had breakfast, took a bath and stationed myself at the Labor Room to watch the telecast of the Pacquiao-Larios match. At that time, the telecast was on the undercards. Around quarter to twelve, I hurriedly went home to catch the entire main event. The Pacman won of course, 12 rounds unanimous decision. The Coliseum was packed to the ceiling!

Later, the family went out to wacth Superman Returns. No words to describe it. Exhilirating is not enough to describe it. Cool effects. Cool plot.

Tomorrow I'm giving a talk on nutrition during the launching of the nutrition week of the USLS-IS. I am currently surfing some info in the web. Ergo, have to cut this blog short.

And yes, Gerard, we miss you!

Comments

Popular Posts