PGI day

I love my life so far. It has been my 3rd 24 hour duty as a Pedia PGI and so far, I have maintained myself to be the most benign of the three. Yes, I do have from time to time some stat CS during my night shift but it's better really than waiting to catch a baby delivered via NSVD (normal spontaneous vaginal delivery).

Anyway, I only had one admission during the entire night shift so I was able to wake up early, take a bath, change into my "formal" clothes and did my early morning rounds, referred some of the recent labs to my wonderful JC (junior consultant) and had breakfast. Later we attended our usual Friday Medical Conference where the topic was Pulmonary Tuberculosis. After the 3 hour conference, we had another round of breakfast. After the conference, Melvin and I went to the JC's quarters where we watched TV. Later, Dr. Libo-on, the Surgical JC on duty, joined us as we watched "The Last Samurai". I wasn't able to finish the movie because I had to answer a ward call then had to attend another conference, this time courtesy of the Surgical Department. The topic was Papillary Carcinoma of the Thyroid. The conference ended at around 3 pm. By that time we lined up at the accounting department where we received our stipend. I am rich once again!

Melvin and I went to catch up with Dr. Garcia and the rest of the guys at Chamby's. Dr. Garcia promised to treat us to another round of snacks. After some chit-chat, I went back to the hospital, went to the On-call room and slept.

Just before I went home, I dropped by to do some groceries. I am beginning to love Fridays.

Comments

Popular Posts