The Last Affairs

I was kind of surprised when I went inside the On Call Room this morning and found this IV bottle hanging on an IV stand. What's this? A patient strayed inside our On Call Room? Further observation led me to the sight of Andylou, a fellow PGI, hooked to the other end of the IV line. I was later told how Andy suffered some acute gastroenteritis last night after eating some leftover meatballs during dinner. He had been vomiting and agonizing in abdominal pain. He had to be admitted. I told him he should have chosen a private room in the 5th floor, then he would have been enjoying a TV and a cold ref.

The rest of the day pretty much went fine. And after almost 2 weeks of rotating in Pedia, I have to take back what I said about me being the most toxic. It seems Melvin is the most toxic PGI. He is posted at the E.R., which means he takes care of admitting patients and doing OPD consultation. I am posted at the wards which means I take care of all the ward calls and follow-ups of labs and meds. Before I left the hospital today, I only have 9 patients all in all in my pedia ward. Melvin on the other hand is very hectic at the E.R. And Con-con, who is posted at the nursery, is also having some "toxic" moments of her own.

THe afternoon was very rainy. No, stormy. So we spent most of the afternoon huddling together in our On Call Room and doing what we love the most: picture taking! Call it vanity, we don't care. We don't blame ourselves for being that photogenic.


I'm on 24 hour duty tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts