It's Official: I'm Toxic!

After two 24 hour duties in the department of Pedia, I guess it is safe to say that I am toxic in admissions and ward calls and nocturnal OPDs compared with my 2 other fellow PGIs. I slept only for at most 3 hours during my entire 24 hour shift the past two duties and so far, pedia admission is reaching its highest level. I am currently in-charged with the wards that is why it is more stressful for me even if I am already from duty because I had to answer ward calls even after 24 hours.

I am not cool with this but the upside to this one is that I can get to experience maximum learning.

So far, I have quite a few interesting case in my ward. A case of cytomegalovirus infection, Henoch-Schonlein Purpura, and Dengue Fever. The rest are systemic viral illnesses, acute gastroenteritis and mild pneumonia.

I got a call from the house this morning. Rien's having a fever of his own, although it is only low to moderate grade. My wife is also having a flu. They both have to skip classes this morning and maybe come back next Monday instead.

I have to get some sleep of my own. Ever since I started rotating in Pedia, I haven't had regular sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts