X-Men III: The Last Stand (...I Hope Not. Please let it be not so!)

If there is one thing X-men and Marvel fanatics would love about this latest addition to the X-Men trilogy, it is the epic and breath-taking display of mutant powers and skills from both sides of the fence. X-Men III is perhaps the best X-Men movie ever so far and it is not hard to believe why.

I loved it! As one nurtured in the fantasies of an X-Men generation, this film has teleported me back to childhood days when collecting cards of these awesome superheroes and villains was the "in" thing. During my childhood, there was a thing as Mutantology when every kid who has an X-Men card knows the profile, skills, strength level and mutant class of any mutant, whether belonging to Professor X's uncanny X-men or Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants.

What I love so much about this film is the introduction of other superheroes and villains. Most favourite of the new superhero addition is Archangel, played by Ben Forster, also known as Warren Worthington III. Most favourite of the new villains is Callisto, played by Dania Ramirez. She is the mutant who can teleport and sense the kind of powers any mutant possesses. I however cannot forgive the absence of Nightcrawler. Sabretooth should have had a comeback too. Nonetheless, the powerful portrayal of Jean Grey as Phoenix seemed to help me forget, temporarily though, these few minor disappointments.



My most favourite scene was the battle between the 6 remaining X-Men and the invading Brotherhood, led by Magneto himself and his new protege, Pyro. That was indeed a breathtaking moment, and I really thought I was right there in Alcatraz, watching this almost apocalyptic battle between Good and Evil.

This is a highly recommended movie. Even the entire family can watch it together. Better wait for the entire credits to finish though. A surprise cliffhanger awaits its ever adoring X-Men fanatics, like me.

Comments

Popular Posts