So Far...

So far, a month has passed and I can fairly say that my rotation as a surgical PGI is swell. The following have been the many operations I have attended to, most of which I was First Assist:

1. Appendectomy
2. Cholecystectomy
3. Exploratory laparotomy
4. Adhesiolysis
5. Common Bile Duct Exploration
6. Choledochoduodenostomy
7. Palatoplasty
8. Rhinoplasty
9. Herniorrhaphy
10. Open reduction and internal fixation of fractures
11. Debridement of diabetic foot
12. Craniectomy
13. Modified Radical Mastectomy
14. Excisions of cysts

I am a "benign" PGI, with an average number of admissions of 4. The longest Operation I attended to was a Craniectomy and an ORIF of right mandibular fracture (closed, comminuted), done on a single patient. Oepration lasted 6 1/2 hours. The patient was a victim of a hacking incident, sustaining most of his injuries on the face and skull. The second longest operation was a CBDE with choledochodoudenostomy done on a patient who already had her gallbladder removed 5 months prior. The operation lasted 5 hours. The fastest was an Appendectomy done only in 30 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts