Learning the Ways of the Heart

I just came from Sugarland hotel where the Foundation for Lay Education on Heart Diseases, Inc is having their regional assembly on Preventive Cardiology. I am from Sunday duty and I have two days off from the hospital to attend this seminar. Freebies await and I had to move around to get some free stuff from pharmaceutical companies sponsoring this event. So far, I got a bag, loads of free samples of medicines, a rim of prescription pad, posters, and other gimmicks. I like this miniature toy used for body massage being handed out by one of the drug companies. It's like a 4x4 truck made of wood with the wheels loaded with studs and you use it by just rolling it across your back or wherever. Most of the morning was spent listening to lectures and stuff about Cardiology and the ailments of the heart and how to prevent them. Lunch was free but the meal was kinda cheap; didn't like the dessert either. After lunch, "community singing" was held as an ice breaker. It was nothing more of a karaoke session where the featured songs are perhaps more amiable to those above 40 years old. Nevertheless, we had to get jiggy with the old folks while singing "Those were the days". I love the Ilonggo version of the song made by Melvin Chico. Funny and green. More lectures, less freebies in the afternoon. I found myself sleeping in the middle of the lecture on Smoking and its effects. After the afternoon break, I ate my free snacks and went home. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la ....

Comments

Popular Posts