Extra-curricular Activities

We are getting fat. And we have no one else to blame but ourselves. So for the four of us, Gesper, Ken, Gabby and me, it was time to wear our sweat pants and running shoes and hit the ground jogging to burn the excess lipids that hang around our bellies. I started my own road to fitness last week when I decided that I should be using my mountain bike instead of riding a jeepney to the Hospital. So, everyday since last week, I have been biking from my house to work then from work back to my house. It's an estimated 6 kilometers from home to work. So everyday I would bike for 12 kilometers usually running at an average speed of 10 kph. This afternoon, the four of us decided to jog around the tracks of the University of Saint La Salle which is around 2 kilometers away from the hospital. We did about 5 laps around the track jogging then about 2 laps brisk walking as part of our cool down exercise. The walk from the hospital to the tracks was the warm up already. From the university I biked my way home.

I am loving this extra-office hours activity with friends. And it is really fun and less strenous once done in a group. I heard some of the PGIs are joining us in this healthy lifestyle. The objective really is to reduce weight and personally, I have to get rid of this pseudo-gravid belly I have. Gesper is suggesting enrolling in a gym. hmmm.... I think jogging and biking is a lot cheaper but I will try.

I am currently weighing 145 lbs, most of which are fat. It's time to replace them with more muscles and less chubbs.

Comments

Popular Posts