Day One - The PGI story

Day One - I entered the hospital with that feeling of apprehension, weighing much more than the sentiment of thrill and excitement. I cannot understand it but I have this awkward feeling just surrounding me. I really cannot explain it. I am kind of happy to be with friends and in a new hospital and earning at last. However, I cannot help feel weird about the whole thing. The day passed by uneventfully. It was Orientation day and all the usual stuff and preliminaries were done. At around 12 noon I went home. It was a half-day work because today is Labor Day, a holiday.

I decided not to eat lunch and I really don't know why. I went to my parents' store, asked for dough to buy me some new polo shirts and pants for work. I went to the mall, bought me 3 polo shirts, a long-sleeved t-shirt and 2 pairs of pants. I then went to buy a new penlight. I really was planning to buy me a new stethoscope, the quite expensive one (Littman) coz mine was kinda old. But my cash wasn't enough so I had to settle for the old one.

I then went to this Bookstore to buy me that book of surgical case files which I think was necessary (my first rotation is with the Dept of Surgery) but then again, cash was short. So I decided to buy 2 pocket-size notebooks and a pen and am planning to write down my surgical notes and reviewers in these notebooks. I had to compensate in some other way.

I looked around and found this new PDA model: O2 XDA IIs. It's like a palm top and a cellphone at the same time. I have always wanted to have this kind of gadget. I always felt it to be a necessity rather than luxury, considering that I needed an organizer and a cellphone at the same time. I inquired about it and it's like worth 700 US dollars. Again very expensive and yet the cheapest available PDA in town. Told my mom about it and again, the proposal's turned down.

I know it wasn't really possible to splurge that kind of cash but no one can blame me if I feel so damn weird again. Like today was the worst "good day" of my life. I really don't know. Must be the rain or something. After a month of sunshine days, it rained this afternoon for the first time.

I am heading off to bed now. Hoping tomorrow a brand new day comes for me.

Comments

Popular Posts