Day Four - PGI Story

Day 4 - I was on call and as an on-call intern, my post is at the OR. Being true to my benigness in the OR, I had no scheduled OR in the a.m. Instead, I assisted in an open reduction, internal fixation of a fractured left humerus, (closed and segmental) in the afternoon. The rest of the morning was left making rounds with my patients. After the OR, I went to check the histories and progress notes of the clerks (4th year medical students). I wasn't able to attend their regular afternoon didactics so I wasn't able to give the quiz I prepared. The topic was on thyroid. Today is a good day. Perhaps a much better day than yesterday.

I slept the moment I arrived home but woke up to answer a phone call from my uncle, Tito Lorenzo. My cousin Angelie has this benign bone growth on her knee area and she is scheduled for an OR. X-ray findings reveal osteochondroma, a benign bone cyst. She was initially scheduled this June but her father wanted it much earlier so it won't be a hassle for her during the opening of school. They are planning to admit her for OR in the hospital where I am working.

After supper, I stepped into my virtual world of Conquer Online, caught up with friends in the game and earned virtue points for my character. I am on 24 hour duty tomorrow so I must be heading off to bed now.

Comments

Popular Posts