The PGI

The schedule is in and as of May 1, 2006 I will be starting my PGI-ship at Bacolod Our Lady of Mercy Specialty Hospital. From May to June, I will be rotating at the Dept of Surgery. July to August, I will be rotating at the Dept of Pediatrics. Sep't to October, I will be with the Dep't of OB-GYNE. November to December, I will be working with the City Health for my Community Exposure. January 2007 to February, I will be at the Dep't of Internal Medicine. March to April 2007 will be electives.

So far, everything is okay. We have our own quarters, fully air-conditioned. I'm planning to bring my pc. I am teamed up with Con-Con and Melvin. I just actually came from the Fellowship dinner for the incoming interns and it was really a casual occasion. I was congratulated by my Pediatrician who happens to be my son's pediatrician too.

Work is 24 hours a day every 3 days. The rest of the days are from 8 to 5, unless if it's a holiday which is only until 12. Weekends are half days also unless it's your scheduled 24 hour duty.

My vacation is over. The long road to the future begins.

Comments

Popular Posts