Final 36 Days


It is about 36 days before the year of 2008 ends. Another year is waiting around the corner and I feel that time is running out. There is so much to do, so little time to do all of these things. I feel that everything is in a rush the past few days. I need some time to slow down, ease up a bit and relax. I expected life to be a little bit slower in the countryside, but the work demands so much from me that there is no time to stop and even take a deep breath. With this speed I fear that I might miss some things to do so I should better list them down before I could forget them.

List of things to do:
1. Submit my application for forced leave - I still got 5 days alloted for my vacation. I am planning to take them a week before the Christmas Holidays.
2. Submit my DTR's for October and November - there's no dough without these little babies.
3. Staff Meetings - there are two left for the year, one is coming up tomorrow.
4. Follow up applications for a) TB DOTS, b) OPB, c)MCP and d) Newborn Screening
5. Send requirements for licensing of Infirmary to CHD - I have already downloaded the .pdf files as advised by the Region this morning.

6. Train first aiders for upcoming Area Meet - schedule is this Wednesday November 26, which already includes pre-event planning for a possible mass casualty incident.
7. Deploy/Monitor Area Meet Week - Area Meet is slated on December 2 to 4.
8. Send application for Healthy Lifestyle Contest this Thursday - like what we did last Local health board evaluation, this one is sheer "lakas loob".
9. Submit CSR planning and MOA.- must already finish these papers by next week.
10. Annual Planning Activity - I have temporarily scheduled it on the second week of December
11. Candoni's Best Evaluation - Winners of Candoni's Best must be given out either on 2nd week of December or earlier
12. South Negros Interlocal Health zone meeting - on December 2. We will also be commemorating World AIDS day during that day, which reminds me, I have to put up that big red ribbon already on our RHU reception area.
13. South Negros Interlocal Health Zone Christmas Party - on December 12, an overnight stay in Cauayan.
14. Deposit a very important "package" - for a very important "transaction" this Thursday.
15. Officially celebrate my 1 year in Candoni - I was deployed in Candoni on December 2, 2007.
16. Buy fireworks for the New Year.
17. Prepare the menu for Noche Buena and Media Noche. - my sister and I already had an agreement on who shall sponsor which.
18. Buy a new cellphone - my cellphone has been demonically possessed and no cellphone repair man or exorcist can cure it from its diabolic circumstance. Must buy a new one.
19. Schedule a family outting- the kids deserve it.
20. Attend at least one Misa de Gallo - either here in Bacolod or in Candoni.
21. Buy gifts - for the staff, for the family.
22. Relax - there must be time for some relaxation.


Hopefully, the Philippine government gets to be generous this 2008's Christmas to all of its employees, so that all of us will be happy indeed, splurging our Christmas bonuses, like one-day millionaires that we are. No wonder we are in a global crisis. We don't know how to save. But then again, who is nowadays? There is not much to earn in the first place. No one can blame those who are leaving the country for greener pastures. Nonetheless, whether we get stuck here in this God forsaken place or frolicking in the snows of Canada (wink wink), Christmas is still a time to be thankful for the blessings we have received, not received and will receive, if not this Christmas, maybe in the next.

Comments

Popular Posts