Buntis Baby Bag Update No. 4: More Bags!


My wife and I have just finished repacking the new set of Green and White Bags for the Buntis Baby Bag Project for the Mothers and Babies of Candoni. I have yet to finish giving away the first batch of Green and White Bags last week. Any excess of these donated bags will be given out even beyond December until all supplies are exhausted. The second batch of donates came from the rest of the BS Biology students of the University of Saint La Salle through their club THE PREMED SOCIETY. In fact, during my visit to the school this week, I was happy to see an advertisement posted by the club in one of the bulletin boards in the campus informing the student community about the Buntis Baby Bag Project. I am pretty sure that some of these donations therefore did not come from just the Premed Society but other concerned and generous students and teachers of USLS.

The second batch of donations was mostly noodles, canned goods, baby clothes and...toys! My kids thought that the toys were for them. When I told them that they will be given to the kids of Candoni, my eldest son asked me if he could give his own toys as well. I told him that if he doesn't want to play with them anymore he can.

I have to make special mention as well my good friend and kumare Dra. Cornelia Zarceno for donating a set of baby clothes, medicines, canned goods, noodles, diapers, baby soaps, etc. as her contribution to the Buntis Baby Bag. Con-con and I have gone a long way since Med School. We belong to one group during our junior internship and postgraduate internship as well. Con-Con is serving as Rural health physician at Silay City Health Office and is planning to enter residency next year, probably OB-GYNE. Thank you very much kumare! (Con-con is my daughter's godmother).

These donations will be transported to Candoni tomorrow. Good thing that there will be an available transportation that will fetch these donations. Actually, 3 of our constituents that we were able to identify during the Bantay Bata Medical Mission in Candoni are scheduled for their medical check up tomorrow. The municipality's vehicle will transport them to Bacolod tomorrow.

I am thankful to the generous hearts and spirits who are supporting this Buntis Baby Bag. Your generosity is truly appreciated by the many poor mothers and fathers and their children that I serve in Candoni, Negros Occidental.






Comments

Popular Posts